OUP Fraud Prevention and Security
Macromedia ColdFusion MX
Microsoft SQL 2000
Microsoft Windows 2003 R2
Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
Oxford University Press is a worldwide publishing company that sells a wide range of products online. The requirements of all online merchants to comply with PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards and the need to increase CNP (Cardholder Not Present) security led to two projects undertaken in quick succession.
- Make online shopping basket compliant with PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards
- Add the extra security steps for 'Verified by Visa' and 'Mastercard Securecode' into the shopping basket workflow
- Make workflow changes to accomodate new requirements
- Increased confidence in online presence
- Compliance with regulatory standards
- Liability shift for fraudulent transactions
XMLHTTP over SSL was used for all communication between payment merchant, card issuing bank, customer CRM database, and UniTech systems.
In order to comply with PCI standards, a Virtual Server running Windows 2003 R2 was used as the web server in order to reduce hardware costs.